Incorporated in 1965 to help support the financial health of NYCLA, the New York County Lawyers Association Foundation is a 501c3 supporting organization which benefits and furthers the mission and values of NYCLA.
The Foundation is operated exclusively for "charitable, scientific, literary and educational purposes" and "exclusively for the benefit of the New York County Lawyers' Association." The Foundation serves to further promote, "facilitate and improve the administration of justice;" "facilitate the cultivation and diffusion of knowledge and understanding of the law and the promotion of the study of the law…through the publication of addresses, essays, treatises, reports and other literary works." In addition, the Foundation is directed to "cooperate with NYCLA in carrying out the…purposes" described above.
WAYS TO GIVE TO NYCLA
Give Online: See the "Online Giving" page to submit your credit card information over NYCLA's secure website. Or click here.
Mail in a check: Fill out the form located here and send it in with a check payable to the "NYCLA Foundation." Mail to: 14 Vesey Street | New York, NY 10007-2906
AmazonSmile: If you choose NYCLA Foundation as the organization you support on AmazonSmile, Amazon will contribute 0.5% of your purchase price to NYCLA. Click here to sign up.
Amex MembersGive®: Support NYCLA when you use your American Express card.
Matching Gifts: When you donate to the NYCLA Foundation, check whether your place of business has a matching gift program – many organizations will match the contribution to the organization of your choice. Contact our office for details on how you can give a matching gift.
PROGRAMS YOU CAN SUPPORT
Using the online form or printable mail-in form, you can direct your gift to any of our pro bono and community programs at NYCLA, including:
· Second Century Fund: Named in honor of NYCLA's long history and continued commitment to public service, this fund supports all of NYCLA's programs as well as provides general infrastructural support to the organization.
· NYCLA's Pro Bono Programs: Legal Counseling Project; U. S. Tax Court Project; Manhattan CLARO (Civil Legal Advice and Resource Office); Project Restore; State Central Registry Project; Veterans Discharge Upgrade Project; Unemployment Insurance Advocacy Project. Click here to learn more about our pro bono projects.
· The Hon. Harold Baer Jr. and Dr. Suzanne Baer Minority Judicial Internship Program, established in 1989 by former NYCLA President and United States District Court Judge Harold Baer and his wife, Dr. Suzanne Baer, selects up to six minority law students each year and places them in stipend-supported internships with both federal and state judges in the New York metropolitan area.
· The Edith I. Spivack Fund for Women in Law & Society, established in 2005, supports activities sponsored by NYCLA that further equal opportunity for women.
· NYCLA's Public Service Fellowships are awarded, based on an essay competition, to newly admitted prosecutors and newly admitted defense attorneys with at least $30,000 in educational debt.
For more information on fundraising, events and how you can give back to NYCLA, contact the Development Office at 212-267-6646 ext. 228 or email us at email@example.com for more information on ways to give.